Nibbles for Health: Nutrition Newsletters
for Parents of Young Children
Nibbles for Health was developed for child care center staff and parents of young children enrolled in child care centers. Nibbles has been updated and the CD offers child care center staff guidance on conducting discussions with parents in four sharing sessions. It also has
reproducible newsletters that
staff can give to parents to
address many of the challenges
Printed: March 2003
Available: upon request from
- Nibbles for Health Newsletters
- 3 Healthful Eating...Food Labels Help!
- 4 Child Care, What Will My Child Eat?
- 5 Why Breakfast?
- 6 For Growing Bones...Which Milk?
- 7 Enjoying the Family Meal
- 8 Healthful Choices For Vegetarian Families
- 9 Family Food Shopping: Spend Less, Get More
- 10 Family Meals - Fast, Healthful!
- 11 Let's Eat Out! Healthful Fast Foods
- 12 Let's Eat Out! Making Meals Pleasant
- 13 Handling a "Choosy" Eater
- 14 Together...Let's Try New Foods!
- 15 Teaching Good Food Habits
- 16 Trying, Sharing, Enjoying Different Foods
- 17 Is My Child's Appetite Normal?
- 18 Watching My Child Grow!
- 19 Juice or Fruit Drinks?
- 20 Easy Weekend Lunch Ideas
- 21 Why Snacks?
- 22 Fats in Foods: How Much for Kids?
- 23 Iron in Foods: Does My Child Get Enough?
- 24 Keeping Your Child's Healthy Smile!
- 25 Feeding Another Baby Sister or Brother
- 26 Food Allergies, Or Just Food Fussiness?
- 27 Milk for Kids With Lactose Intolerance
- 28 Does My Child Have a Weight Problem?
- 30 The ABCs of Hand Washing
- 31 Let's Cook Together
- 32 Fight BAC! Keep Family Food Safe
- 33 Grow a Family Garden!
- 34 Pack a Family Picnic!
- 36 Child's Play!
- 37 Let's Move...Cold Weather Fun!
- 38 Let's Move...Warm Weather Fun!